How improve credit score

Errors, inaccuracies in my credit report

Under the FCRA, both the credit reporting company and the information provider (that is, the person, company, or organization that provides information about your credit to a consumer reporting company) are responsible for correcting inaccurate or incomplete information in your credit report. To take full advantage of your rights under this law, contact the credit report company and the information provider.

Credit reporting companies must investigate the items in question usually within 30 days, unless they consider your dispute frivolous. They also must forward all the relevant data you provide about the inaccuracy to the organization that provided the information. After the information provider receives notice of a dispute from the credit reporting company, it must investigate, review the relevant information, and report the results back to the credit reporting company. If the information provider finds the disputed information is inaccurate, it must notify all three nationwide credit reporting companies so they can correct the information in your file.

When the investigation is complete, the credit reporting company must give you the written results and a free copy of your credit report if the dispute results in a change. (This free credit report does not count as your annual free report under the FACT Act.) If an item in your credit is changed or deleted, the credit reporting company cannot put the disputed information back in your credit report unless the information provider verifies that it is accurate and complete. The credit reporting company also must send you written notice that includes the name, address, and phone number of the information provider.

Tell the credit reporting company, in writing, what information you think is inaccurate. Tell the creditor or other information provider in writing that you dispute an item. Many providers specify an address for disputes. If the provider reports the item to a credit reporting company, it must include a notice of your dispute. And if you are correct that is, if the information is found to be inaccurate the information provider may not report it again.

My credit

Credit companies info




1-888-EXPERIAN (397-3742)

Trans Union


MIami homes buyers