List my short sale in Miami and South Florida
Under HAFA, after a short sale is successfully completed, a homeowner is cleared of all remaining debt and obligations on their first lien mortgage to their mortgage servicer, and is eligible for $3,000 to help with moving expenses.
You may be eligible to apply if you meet all of
• You live in the home or have lived there in the last 12 months.
• You have a documented financial hardship.
• You have not purchased a new house within the last 12 months.
• Your first mortgage is less than $729,750.
• You obtained your mortgage on or before January 1, 2009.
• You must not have been convicted within the last 10 years of felony larceny, theft, fraud or forgery, money laundering or tax evasion, in connection with a mortgage or real estate transaction.
*Eligibility criteria are for guidance only.
In a short sale, the servicer allows the homeowner to list and sell the mortgaged property and agrees to accept the net proceeds from the sale even if the proceeds are less than the total amount due on the mortgage